Monday, April 15, 2013

HELLO AGAIN!

Hello loves,
I know it has been a super long time is I have written a blog. The past month has been full of tragedy, and crazy things with in my family, so I took some time off. I am still not my 100% self, so I ask that you all please bare with me. But on a positive note, I HAVE MISSED YOU ALL! & I can't wait to get back into the swing of things! & I have to tell y'all I have ALOT to get you guys filled in on! :)
For my first week back I am doing a 5 day SPRING BLAST OFF. I know most of you are like me and couldn't be more happier with the weather and sunshine  Also all of the new trends that are popping out and new spring hair colors, it is hard to not be excited about it. For the spring blast off we will discuss the new hair trends for spring, along with, fashion, make up, smelly goods, and all of my spring favorites. As well as a NEW DEAL FOR EACH DAY OF APRIL!

So lets get started with our what's left of April newsletter.

Thus far April has been full of beautiful days, flowers blooming, sun shining, a few showers, oh and allergies  (Gotta hate that.) It's time to go lighter and brighter with the hair colors and sometimes shorter with the cuts. :) I love love this time of year!
Let's talk for a minute about the lighter and brighter hair colors, it is always a good idea to go brighter in the spring and summer and darker in the fall and winter. You don't necessarily have to bleach your hair for the summer or put a lot of highlights in, sometimes you can just lighten your base color a bit and add a small bit of blonde or lighter color around the face to give you the "pop". Check out Ms.Jenn to the right. Her hair was a darker brown but mostly all natural. I pulled in a bit of gold and some light blonde, (kind of in an ombre effect  to brighten up her face and get her all dolled up for spring. 
Please remember though, bleaching hair does damage it. & you also have to be careful what volume peroxide your stylist is using. As a good rule of thumb, if your hair is from dark brown to black-ish ( think kardashian) or has any type of red color in it, it will take at least 30 volume to lift it. & If your hair is not in good condition to start with, this will MOST def make it worse! Also any time you are using bleach on your hair, it is a good rule of thumb to add a conditioning or protein treatment to your service. ( lucky for you I have both of these for FREE this month)
If your hair is in good condition, don't be scared to lighten it! A nice pale blonde or a blonde with pearl undertones are very IN this spring.

SPRING SPECIALS (April-May)

- All over highlights only $65.00
-FREE conditioning or protein treatment with any bleaching service
-Add any color to your service for only $5.00
-1/2 off SSS keratin blowout with any service.  ($30.00 value for $15.00)


& TO GET YOU READY FOR ALL OF YOUR SPRING EVENTS, book ahead of time and ask for Miss.Tiffany Faith to add lashes to your service for only $5.00 (Saturdays only)

Around the salon:

As many of you know, at Studio 601, we are all about keeping things modern and beautiful.

Check out Ms.Iveys station. I LOVE THIS COLOR ON THE WALLS. & with the dark purple on the adjacent wall, it really makes the space pop! ( can't find a picture) We have also incorporated the peacock feather and a few new paintings on the wall to tie everything together.
Also I finally have  NEW product shelf! So I have decided to bring in KENRA Platinum, and Joico styling as well as some its a 10. I of course still have my ROCK BIG HAIR and JOCIO shampoo and conditioner. ( I will post a pic as soon as I get it all finished. As well as a blog all about the kenra) I already told you guys a bit about the joico styling, but I will also tell you about the new stylers I have pulled in.

We also added a new waiting room with a new couch for you all at the back of the salon ( for when the front gets a little too crowded)
& last but not least we are pulling in MOTIVES MAKE UP, As a salon. I couldn't be more pumped. This makeup works wonderfully and ranks up there with urban decay and bobby brown. I so far, have only ordered a few things I am trying out, but I will write a review on them asap. Also in the near future we will be having client makeovers for you all at the salon, but the motives ladies themselves! I can't wait!


I hope all of this news excites y'all like it does me! Keep an eye out this week for each Spring blast off blog. I am sure you will love them all!& my VOXBOX review & new styling products.
 Until then remember to keep your hair BIG, head held up high and stay beautiful inside and out.

-Felicia <3

No comments:

Post a Comment