Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Summer 2013 hair blast off!

Hello loves!
I think it is safe to say Summer 2013 is officially upon us! Wooo Hoo! Here's to the super fun vacations, sittin by the pool, family cook outs, and lake trips. I myself am excited, summer is one of my personal favorite seasons. (minus the flies and humidity.) Although, with the change of the seasons comes new fashion,  hairstyles and colors, oh & don't forget some of the hair issues that go along with this season in particular.

To kick off summer the right way in the "hair" world, each week I will be posting a blog dedicated to summer hair colors, cuts, styles ( with great how to's),  and my favorite summer products. Also be looking forward to my sweet little in between post ( like fashion trends, nail polishes, make up etc)

So, lets get started with my favorite part of my job, COLOR!


Normally when you think summer colors you automatically think lighter and brighter. Which is 100% right. I would say at least 75% of my client base ask to be lighter during the summer months. Lucky for you all, I've found some amazing new color trends for this year.

www.weheartit.com
www.thelovehanger.com
My personal favorite  new summer color trend is Balayage. If you are familiar with ombre, balayage is kind of similar. It is pretty much painting on your highlights. Which gives the stylist way more room to be artistic while creating a beautiful natural looking but bold highlight. One of the things I love about balayage is it automatically brightens up a persons face and draws you into their eyes.  This is a great way for you to brighten up for the summer without doing the typical highlight. Also this trend can be very versatile (if that makes since.) meaning, you can go from very simple and elegant to bold, easily. && it looks great with every color. (check out the amazing golden balayage on Ms.Jessica Biel on the right.)
To the left is a photo of the balayage process. How cool is that, right!? I have to say different stylist do it different ways. I prefer painting my hair on a board and separating the layers of hair with saran wrap.
Either way I think it is a beautiful way to highlight hair. Oh, and another plus, there isn't much upkeep! :)




Another one of my favorite colors this year is the "blondette" Its a great way to lighten up your hair all over, but still keep your brown tones and the roots. Adding some brown throughout while making the mid shaft to ends of your hair lighter. I have done this color trend on a few of my clients and they as well as myself have absolutely loved it!( Mrs.Buffy is one of my wonderful clients pictured on the left:)) I think this color is beautiful especially
in wavy hair.  It really shows off the hills and valleys of curly hair.I would recommend this color for anyone who wants a drastic change but wants to keep the basis of their hair the same. Or for someone who would like to try going blonde all over soon and just wants to see how they would look lighter all over. This is also a color trend that has very low maintenance.  && (side note) Notice how J. Lo's blonde isn't extremely blonde and has a light color to it,that is a color or color glaze over top of her highlights. Putting a color or color glaze is a great way to add an extra barrier over top of your blonde to protect it from the effects of summer.

And also as trend that has been slowly making a come back I think finally has. FASHION COLORS!
 I have always been a huge fan of bright crazy fashion colors in hair! What I am loving about this season is, people are wearing fashion colors as just another hair color & totally rocking it. The only one thing that I do not like about fashion colors is the fact that they fade. & they fade alot faster than a normal color does. BUT lucky me, I was just introduced to a new color line from Goldwell called Elumen. It is a long lasting fashion color. In fact, the only way to get it out is to use a particular product that comes with the line called remove. I would suggest this type of color for someone who is looking for a big change and whose job doesn't mind "non-typical colors" Also for someone who either only wants to do fashion colors for a few weeks (which I would suggest extensions for) Or someone who wants to rock them for a while. In which case you would use the Elumen.



Now, lets talk about your color ( no matter what color) and the effects the summer will have on it. Some of you have heard me say this before, but, your hair is like a straw. Especially when it has been bleached. Which means it will soak up anything ( pool water, salt water,chlorine, the sun etc) It is normally not a good idea to get your hair done right before you go on vacation or somewhere you will be swimming. ( I would suggest at least two weeks before. Or your best bet would be to wait until you get back home.) Everyone knows what happens when blonde hair soaks up chlorine. ( it turns a nice green or sometimes even blue) & Even if you do wait a few weeks after getting your hair done to go to the beach you may still experience this problem. The best way to prevent it is to wet your hair and put in a lightweight conditioner or a leave in before getting in the pool. Buuuttt if this happens to you, the best way to get green ( or blue) out of your hair is to shampoo it with 4-6 baby asprin and a clarifying shampoo.  Also the sun itself can cause your hair to fade MAJORLY! (Even if it is not your natural hair color) The best way to prevent this is to simply wear a hat when you are outside. Also the sun can dry your hair out especially if your hair has been bleached or lightened. (A lightweight moisture shampoo and conditioner is best for this :))

 Want to hear more hair business check out my FB page @ www.facebook.com/bellaattriance.
Or if you're local, come see me at Studio 601 Salon. (located outside of Monroe)

As always, keep your head held up high and your hair BIG!
-Stylist Felicia <3

No comments:

Post a Comment