Tuesday, February 18, 2014

ULTA HAUL!

HELLO BEAUTIFUL!


I hope this Tuesday morning finds you all well rested and ready for a great day! I hope you all had a great valentines day!! So I was totally SUPPOSED to be posting my first ChicChique Cheapskate post buuutttt..... I wasn't able to upload some of the photos I had on Miss.Tiffany Faith's camera. Sooo I figured I would do a beauty haul for you guys instead! :)

First off (really quick like) let me just give you all a few updates! 
- Tiffany and I met with an AWESOME photographer out of the Southpark area last night, and we have some great things in the works for you guys with her! Including package deals for weddings, proms and events. 
- BRIDES TO BE- We (Tiffany and I) are in the process of putting together a Bridal showcase event @ a local coffee shop in Mint Hill (hopefully.) IF you have already booked your wedding date with me you will be receiving your invite in the mail with in the next few months! (comment if you are a bride and would like more information!) 
- SENIORS- Tiffany,Laura ( photographer) and I are also putting together package deals for you guys. Where you and some of your besties can have your hair and makeup done altogether before prom, & Laura will be there to do your photos either at the house or on location!  (comment or contact me for more information!)
-CLIENTS- REMEMBER the next two weeks will be my LAST two weeks full time at Studio 601! (DON'T FREAK) I will still be there, just every other day! So if you need an appointment soon I would go ahead and book. & Remb. once I am only part time I REALLY REALLY need you all to book at least 2 weeks in advance. 
:) thanks :)



okay, now back to the fun stuff! 

So Tiff and I went to ULTA tonight after our little Starbucks date with Laura. I put myself on a $20 spending limit. (Idk if I've told you guys or not but, I am SERIOUSLY trying to budget this year.. and those of you who personally know me know it's not gonna be easy)  Needless to say we spend about an hour in Ulta just looking around, and OF COURSE we found the clearance!!!  (which is where I found most of my goodys!) 


Let me tell those of you who aren't familiar with Ulta a little bit about it! It is kinda like a beauty warehouse! One side is all high-end make up and hairstyling products and the other side is the drugstore make ups and hair products. I'm not too sure how much cheaper Ulta is than places like SEPHORA or a salon. I think it actually depends on the product. I personally sell my product in the salon for a little cheaper than ulta, but some salons may not. ohh & side note- I would MUCH rather you buy your hair styling products from there than wal mart.. The difference is, Ulta has a salon located inside, which means it is licenced to sell the products. && there not out of date! (YAY!) Buuuttt you should still just order from me! :) (just sayin') Anyway, ULTA is like a girlie girls paradise and has GREAT clearance!  It's also a great place to compare pricing between drug store quality and high end quality products! 

Since I only had a $20 limit I wasn't able to purchase everything I wanted to, but I wanted to share some of the cool things I saw with you all!

First off, how about NAIL BEADS! Y'all heard of them, or seen them? THEY LOOK PRREEETTTYYYY AWESOME! & From what I've heard there like the latest and coolest thing in the nail world! From what I read in the store, all you have to do to apply the nail beads is:
1. Polish your nails. (duuhh :))
2. Once they dry add your clear top coat
3. WHILE IT IS STILL STICKY pour some nail beads in the lid of the container and turn your nail top to beads and dip.
4. Let it dry :)
Super simple right! && look how cute! ahh I am in love, I'm going to have to do that ASAP! Also I just found nail beads (the ones pictured) on AMAZON.COM for pretty cheap! (I can also order them for you if need be

I also saw eye shadow that is like FOIL! Kinda like the nail foiling thing.. but for your eye lids! (ahhhh sorry but I was in total and complete amazement!
So the particular kind I saw was made by the high end make up company named Stila! ( I love their make up products btw.) After doing my research (on Stila.com ofcourse) I found out, this eye shadow was founded from inspiration from the fashion run way it's self!                                      The MAGNIFICENT METALS FOIL FINISH collection is a pretty awesome cream to powder shadow! It is super multidimensional and can be used for a variety of different things. From a simple light opaque look to an extremely high fashion eye color that is sure to catch some eyes. You can also apply it over top of shadow you have already applied to give it a nice shimmer! ( I would use it over top of a nude, grey or black on a night out!)   All you have to do to achieve the high fashion look is mix one drop of the priming solution with your shadow ( in the mixing container that comes with it) and apply to lids. The more coats of shadow you apply the more dramatic your eye will look! For a more opaque look apply the primer directly to your lid and only had a few coats of shadow!  As you can see from the pic above it comes in all kinds of shades. Some of my favorites are the Metallic jade, Comex Platinum and Metallic Emerald. I CAN NOT wait to order this and try it! For a set of a shadow, primer and mixing container it is $32.00 on Stila.com! 

Ok, now on to the stuff that I actually purchased! So since Tiffany always does such a great job at finding clearance, she did it again this time! Which rummaging through the clearance products I found a super cute brown bag ( kinda like a make up bag) with all kinds of goodies in it! It was priced at $9.99 and was originally like $18.00 (SCORE FOR THIS GIRL!)  Inside was all ULTA products including a small bronzer (sunkissed cheek with shimmer), a small ulta eyeshadow palette ( with shades bone -> a super light nude/ skin tone color, Truffle -> a beautiful deep but kinda light brown with a slight shimmer, Ice queen -> an extremely shimmery metallic grey/silver, and Gun Metal -> a dark almost blueish grey, very deep and pretty matte color.) a 3 combo brush set (shadow brush, contour brush,& a sponge tip shadow brush), a lipstick (cappuccino)(which I will most likely add to a give away bag, browns just aren't too flattering on my lips personally), a super shiny gloss (Flirtini), a Plush Drama volume mascara ( with a kind of wide but normal brush tip, which I NEEEEEDD!) & a two sided eyeliner. (black and deep brown)

 I've swatched my hand with the colors of the shadows and liners so you can see just what they look like. As far as the shadows, they seem to be pretty bright with out a primer. (except for the bone color) & didn't fade too quickly! (ofcourse adding a shadow primer will ensure that your shadow stays on all day!) The liners also seem to be very bright and don't smudge too easily! 

I also grabbed a lip gloss called STAY with me by essence, which is of course a LONG LASTING lipgloss. ( If you couldn't already tell by the name) In the shade, my favorite milkshake, which looks like a light pink thats not too shear or shimmery my favorite!) It smells amazing, and I think it may have a little plumper to it also because it does tingle a bit! I've only had it for a bit, but I have been wearing it and it has stayed on pretty good! But we will see how it does after a long day in the salon today! (it was only $2.99) While I was in the essence stuff (which is also where I saw the nail beads for $2.39) I found a clear top coat polish for only $1.99.  

Oh && I snached a cuuuttteeee orange and nude bracelet from the clearance section for only $.99 cent! ( originally $5

Soo I had an amazing time shopping today and got some pretty spectacular deals! I only spent like $12.55 & saved around $15.00! Ulta is a great place to purchase any and every kind of make up, haircare product and they even have perfumes! I love it & I would highly reccomend it to you all!!
I will keep you all updated on my use of my new stuff!! 

I hope you all enjoyed it! Untill next time, keep your head, heels and standards high y'all! 


-Felicia :)




No comments:

Post a Comment